Tuesday, March 23, 2010

POKEMON!!

LePutois bought me the new Pokemon game for DS: SoulSilver. The game is just like the other games basically, but with this one you can treat your pokemon like a digipet and you can carry it with you in what they call the Pokewalker.  The pokewalker is a pedeometer.  On the Pokewalker you pick a path that you want to take and then you just walk, walk, and walk.  What do you gain by walking? Watts.  I am not sure what I will be able to do with watts other than use them to play the minigames on the pokewalker or unlock new paths to walk. 
The minigames on the pokewalker include one where you can battle wild pokemon.  You cannot run away from the wild pokemon, so you must stand and fight.  But the upside is that you can catch the pokemon and transfer it to your game on the DS.  Also, the fighting only offers one move and it is unnamed, but looks suspciously like tackle. Anyway, the battle is evenly matched so far as I know and each pokemon has four hit points (that is what I am going to call them but they are 4 little lines that disappear when you get hit) and whoever hits first basically wins.  I am unsure as of yet whether or not types have anything to do with the battle on the pokewalker.
The other minigame is one where you find items.  I do not like this game because I can never find the item..
So far, the pokemon does not really get experience, but they do gain a level when you transfer them back to the game.  However I may just need to walk more, but with two different walking sessions, I have still gained only one level each time.
I do like the game but probably because it is identical to the other games, but again, that is fine with me.  I think that they are just recreating the Gameboy games for the DS, which just means that because I lost my Gameboy a while back, that I can play pokemon again! Yay!
Alright guys, talk to you laters

No comments:

Post a Comment