Thursday, January 28, 2010

A New Experiment

Hey guys,

I have thought of a new experiment.  As my close friends know, I have just recently had my first experience with alcoholic beverages this past New Year's.  I had decided that I wanted to try alcohol about a week before New Year's day but I have a fear of becoming an alcoholic, which runs in my family.  I also cannot stand the smell of alcohol and can detect it even though it is covered up with other smells, kinda like seafood.  Anyway, I had decided that at least trying alcohol would not have any adverse effects on me later in life.  So, I finally decided to drink on the eve of New Year's Eve.

I asked my fiance to help me find something that I could get past my nose and into my mouth.  He came up with Smirnoff Ice.  We bought some and I was having trouble crossing the threshold of my first drink until Jared finally got frustrated and yelled "Even Jesus Drank!" I couldn't help laughing hysterically, because I kinda knew I was being silly.  Anyway, what I want to say is that I haven't found any alcohol that I can enjoy drinking.  I tried the Smirnoff Ice regular, fruit punch, wild grape, and also Jack Daniels.   I drank enough finally thanks to shots of Jack Daniels to be drunk.  My fiance says that I am not a cheap drunk and I am sort of proud of that fact.

Anyway, back to my new experiment.  I am on a quest to find a tasty alcoholic beverage.  I frequent a few restaurants here in Alabama and every time I go to dinner at a restaurant, I am going to try a new alcoholic beverage to see which one I may make my favorite drink.  I know this sounds sort of like I am on the road to alcoholism, but I am just trying to find something that I can enjoy, because I get the impression that there are alcoholic beverages that don't tast like Nyquil, but to me, this is only a theory.  So, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be telling you about each new drink as I try them. 

That is all I have for today. Wish me good luck on finding a favorite beverage!

1 comment: